Jump to Navigation

Canton Child Support Attorney

Ohio Child Support Modification Lawyer

In Ohio, child support is determined by a statutory formula that primarily considers the income of the parents and the number of children. The process of determining child support can be very simple if both parents receive W-2 forms from their employers. When one of the parents is self-employed, a forensic accountant may be needed to prevent the self-employed parent from underreporting income.

I'm Michael Boske, a family law attorney in Canton, Ohio. If you need assistance determining child support payments, call my law firm at 330-455-6400 to arrange your consultation. I have over 22 years of experience handling child support cases and can address any complex issues that may be present in your case.

All children in Ohio have a right to be supported by both parents, whether their parents are married or not. In the case of parents who were never married, mothers can seek child support payments as long as paternity has been established. Paternity can also affect child custody arrangements.

As your attorney, I handle child support determinations that involve divorce proceedings and those that may arise when paternity has been established.

In addition to drafting child support orders, I help clients modify or enforce these orders after they have been established.

Child Support Modification

Child support can be changed if there is a significant change in the financial circumstances of either party. A change in financial circumstances is a change that would increase or decrease child support payments by 10 percent or more. For example, if one parent experiences a significant change in income, a modification may be granted.

Child Support Enforcement

If a parent is not paying court-ordered child support, the other parent can file an enforcement action in family court. The judge has the power to fine or jail a parent who refuses to comply with a court order. The judge can also order the delinquent spouse to pay the other side's attorney expenses.

To discuss your child support, modification of child support and child support collection questions, contact lawyer Michael Boske in Canton, Ohio.

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Contact Our Firm

122 Central Plaza North
Canton, OH 44702-1448
Phone 330-455-6400
Fax 330-455-8700
Map & Directions
E-mail Us